SSM College has been rightly meeting the expectations of the academicians in the teaching learning environment. The institution is having a huge library that was established in 1973 with the birth of this Vedic institute. It is fully air-conditioned far away from the hubbub of the students in the lap of nature where the only sound is the sound of air intermingled with Ved Mantras at morning times. The Library covers a huge area of 1005sq.mts and has a good sitting capacity accommodated into two floors with a reading hall, digital section, loan book section and reference section. In fact it creates a new historical epoch that leaves an impression of the entire history of creation. It caters the needs of students and staff by providing vast collection of academic books, journals, magazines, research projects, religious books, patriotic books and newspapers having footprints of ancient knowledge for firm steps to modern culture and advancement. The digitalized section of the library provides unique service with round the clock access of internet & e-resources provided by UGC-INFLIBNET through N-LIST programs with the latest shift to KOHA that is fully featured ILMS software for libraries.
To promote intellectual growth and creativity by developing collections, facilitating access to information resources with critical evaluation skills.
- First & most important is to support the mission of the College.
- To discover, preserve, and disseminate knowledge.
- To build extensive and diversified collections in print as well as electronic media.
- To act as a centre that caters the academic needs of all domains of Science, Arts, Commerce, Humanities, and Social Sciences.
- To implement state-of-the-art tools and techniques of ICT in library services.
- We recognize users as our primary focus.
- We support self-education & learning.
- We develop our human resources and support continuous professional development.
- We aspire to be flexible.
09:00 a.m. to 05:00 p.m. on all working days
LIBRARY AT A GLANCE
|TOTAL NO. OF BOOKS
||90 (40 JOURNALS AND 50 MAGAZINES)
||15 (6 ENGLISH, 4 HINDI &5 PUNJABI)
|LIBRARY AUTOMATION SOFTWARE
||KOHA SOFTWARE(VERSION 21.05)
|LIBRARY IN-OUT MANAGEMENT
||KOHA IN-OUT MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
|SEATING CAPACITY IN READING ROOM
|NUMBER OF READING TABLES
|OPEN ACCESS IN LIBRARY
|PRINTING AND SCANNING SERVICES
||NEW ARRIVAL SECTION
||OPAC SEARCH AREA
||RARE BOOK SECTION
LIBRARY SERVICES & FACILITIES:
- REFERENCE SERVICE: Reference service is a personalized service to provide the right book to the right reader in the right way. It is the personal interaction between the users and the staff. There are various reference materials available i.e. encyclopedias, dictionaries, biographies, bibliographies etc.
- WEB OPAC (WEB Online Public Access Catalogue): Our College Library provides OPAC service that can be used to search the holdings of the library and to request or reserve books, to search items available in the library, to find a book on the shelf. Users may search the OPAC for a book, note the call number, and search the relevant shelves. Users can ask for help from library staff in case of difficulty in finding the required book.
- CIRCULATION SERVICE: Our Library circulation service comprises the activities around the lending of library books and other material to students & faculty. It consists of services related to issue, return and renewal of books to patrons.
- READING ROOM SERVICE: College library provides a reading room facility to students. There are two reading rooms available on ground floor and first floor. A special provision has been made for the students to read books in the cool and conducive atmosphere of the library.
- CURRENT AWARENESS SERVICE: College library provides the current awareness service to the users through new arrivals the list of new books. The list of new books is displayed on the display board. The purpose of CAS is to inform the users about new acquisitions in their libraries.
- BOOK BANK SERVICE: Library facilitates the textbooks to the needy students for one session. Book Bank Facility is one of the demanded services in our library.The purpose of this service is to satisfy students’information.
- USER ASSISTANCE SERVICE: Our Librarians are always ready to assist, advice, and instruct students in accessing all forms of recorded knowledge. Whenever users need help they can ask the staff. Staff is always available for providing information to users.
- SYLLABUS AND LAST YEAR QUESTION PAPERS: Syllabus and last year's question papers are provided by the library to students on demand.
- INTER-LIBRARY LOAN AND DOCUMENT DELIVERY SERVICES:DELNET is offering inter-Library loan & Document Delivery Services to its member libraries. ILL requests can be registered online for books. For the resources not available in the union catalogues and journal articles, requests can be sent to DELNET through E-mail. DELNET has also prepared ILL Guidelines for using by the member-libraries. The services are quite popular among the member-libraries
LIBRARY E-RESOURCES ACCESS AND ONLINE FACILITIES:
The college has a collected works of e-resources developed and by the faculty for the assistance of students.
LIBRARY RULES & REGULATIONS
GENERAL RULES FOR LIBRARY:
- Every member must enter/scan their library ID Card/Roll Number on the IN-OUT Management System while entery and exit from the Library..
- Members must show their ID- Card on entering the Library, while borrowing books and journals at any time if asked to do so by the Library Staff.
- On the loss of library cum Identity Card, a fine of Rs. 100/ shall be charged before replacing them.
- Bags and other personal belongings must be deposited at the entrance.
- At the end of the session, each student is required to deposit his/her identity card.
- Newspapers and magazines must be read only in the library on specific tables and should not be taken to any other reading areas.
- No library material can be taken out of the library without permission.
- Mobile phones must be kept in switch off /silent mode in the library.
RULES FOR THE LIBRARY CIRCULATION:
- The books may be retained by the students for a period of 15 days after which they must return or get re-issued on request of the students, but only when that book is not demanded by other students.
- Reference books and Periodicals will not be issued from the library.
- A fine of 1 Rupee per day, per book is charged if the book is not returned by the due date.
- If a student loses, defaces or damages a book, he/she shall be liable to pay the cost of it or replace the book along with the late return fine, if any.
- Every student is required to check the books properly before getting it issued. Once the book is issued, the responsibility of damaged pages shall be of the student only.
- If a student disturbs the peaceful atmosphere of the library, the librarian has the discretion to ask the student to leave the library.
DIGITAL LIBRARY RULES:
- Each user at a stretch is allowed only for one hour for computer use in Digital Library.
- Use of secondary storage devices are not allowed without prior permission.
- Do not change any of the computer configurations
- Do not download/install any software from any website.
- Internet and intranet access is limited to academic pursuit.
- Access to Face Book, Google talks and online chatting etc. are not allowed in the Digital Library.
- In case of any computer operational or access problem, report to the Librarian.
Library At A Glance: